Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Rocket Ship

We did a space unit for a couple weeks and I wanted to create some sort of visual that help stimulate creative thought, so I hit the internet; taking different ideas from Pinterest I decided to create our own rocket. I took white butcher paper and painted it red, blue, and yellow for the different elements and then I sized them to the entry-way and taped it to the wall. When I first did it I had not added the flames or "USA" and lots of people thought it was a house (I couldn't have that) so I added flames using orange construction paper and "USA" with red construction paper and it was instantly more recognized as a rocket. The kids loved it! They used it during play time and we also did little skits within our class groups to present for everyone else and they loved that too! They really loved it and it helped me feel artsy fartsy.   :)

0 comments:

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment