Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Handprint Valentine

The children really enjoyed making these little poems for their father's for Valentine's Day! I found the poem online and I really liked it, I did edit the last line (it read something like, "when I was so little") to say the age that they were (so 3, 4, or 5). I pulled each kid individually to do their hand because it would be much simpler that way than trying to do it in a full class setting. I used a foam heart shaped sticker and placed it on their hand and then I painted their hand with their choice of colour (I had 3-4 colour options). After they had dried I pasted them to pink construction paper (in retrospect, I probably could have pasted to construction paper first and it may have helped with the warping of the paper as the paint dried...but I don't know for sure). The kids just loved giving the project to their fathers and the parents thought the poem was quite cute as well. Another cheap, fun, and sentimental gift!


0 comments:

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment